touch a face with your eyes closed / know that every moment is unrepeatable and sacred / take a deep breath and tell the truth / let go of your perception of need / attach a love note to the steering wheel / learn to be in the world with a quiet mind
What seasonal holiday Starbucks drink would you recommend? :o I got a caramel brûlée latte today and it tasted like a caramel latte and I was disappointed ._.
Haha caramel brûlée is just a creamier caramel so that’s why lil bug! A lot of people seem to like the salted caramel mocha, I don’t prefer salt but it has a toffee nut flavoring in it so that’s pretty good. I honestly just always get iced chai lattes because I’m addicted, or a vanilla and hazelnut cream steamer (hot milk n those flavors). Sorry I suck at suggestions, I like our regular drinks better than the seasonal! Try an iced hazelnut macchiato with a pump of raspberry. Heaven.
1. Your body is in flux for the rest of your life. Think of your body as fluid instead of static — it’s always going to change. So get comfortable with those changes.
2. No one will love you or not love you because of your body. You are lovable because you’re you, not because your body looks a certain way.
3. The most intensely personal relationship you’ll ever have is with your body. It’s a lifelong relationship that’s well worth investing in and nurturing the same way you would with loved ones.
4. You don’t owe your body to anyone. Not sexually, not aesthetically. Your body is yours. Period.
5. What someone else says about your body says more about them than it does about you. Look past the actual snark to the person who’s saying it, because it’s only a reflection of what they think of themselves. That’s when you’ll see how little power their words have.
6. Your body is not a reflection of your character. It’s a physical home for the complex and wondrous and unique being that is you.
7. Take up as much space as you want. You don’t have to be small, or quiet, or docile, regardless of your physical size.
8. Everything you need to accept your body is already inside you. There’s no book, or diet, or workout routine or external affirmation that you need to feel good about your body right now.
9. Your body is a priority. It’s always trying to tell you things. Taking the time to listen to is of the utmost importance.
10. Wear whatever you want. Your body shape does not dictate your personal style, and fashion rules that say otherwise are wrong. Dress yourself in a way that makes you feel happy and confident and beautiful, because guess what? You are.
So when for no reason at all you have no desire for this person you’ve been seeing, when you have no explanation for why everything annoys you and you feel crowded when they want to hold you - all of it, what the fuck do you do? Do you let them go and let it push them away or do you fight it? Because fighting it only seems to make it stronger, and ignoring it isn’t going to keep them here either.
I don’t know what to say or do, part of me knows I don’t want to lose this person but the other can’t take being around them.
Do you ever like someone increasingly and things are wonderful and they’re wonderful but suddenly you lose interest? You don’t feel anything. You don’t want to cuddle, don’t want to kiss, pick out things that annoy you that you didn’t notice before. All for no reason, all of a sudden.
Does this happen to anyone else? Because it happens to me with almost everyone I talk to in this way and it scares the shit out of me and I don’t get it.
shanny how painful was your tongue piercing? I'm wanting to get mine done really badly but I've been told it's horrible is a bitch when healing/swollen! though I have several ear cartilage piercings and none particularly hurt, would you recommend it?
ok honestly getting it pierced didn’t really hurt at all, the few days afterward hurt but it really wasn’t as bad as i thought it’d be. i was able to eat solids within a few days and now i can eat normally, i just have to re-learn how to navigate food around it and be careful not to bite down onto it. if you don’t want to get it because you’re scared of the healing aspect of it - don’t be. just keep it clean and suck on ice chips/throw back ibuprofen to keep the swelling down. the day after i got it was the worst for me, i couldn’t really talk because my tongue would start aching, but it wasn’t anything i could handle.
“One time I wrote a list of the Reasons Why I Love You in red ink on white receipt paper and I was going to give it to you but then we drank vodka and ate maraschino cherries on your kitchen floor and you told me something about timing and I recited one of my poems in hopes that you’d think I was deep and stop asking me why why why are you so sad.
One time you told me you loved girls who always smiled so I stitched my lips into a grin and as I sat there bleeding on the kitchen floor I wrote with red ink on dirty tile a list of the Reasons Why Things Happen in hopes that you’d come back and take it back and take me back and clean up all the broken glass.
Why why why I’m so sad is because instead of filling myself up I fill you up and it leaves me dry and angry and cracked on your kitchen floor with maraschino cherry juice running sticky down my fingers and there’s not enough ink in the world to say what I need to say.